NOTABLE INCREDIBLE LUXURIOUS EGYPT
Custom Luxury Tour Arranged by Ngaire Keene through Ker & Downey
Hosted by Ken Hutyra and Ngaire Keene Hutyra | March 04, 2016 to March 15, 2016
Information on Egyptologist Guides
Hossam (logistics), Henry, Ngaire, Hany, and Ken
We are very fortunate to have two truly outstanding Egyptologists, Hany Iskander and Henry Ayoub with us for the full tour starting in Cairo and travelling with us on the Nile Cruise, accompanying us to Abu Simbel and then back to Cairo.
These were the two guides we had in 2010 and 2012.
Over the years I have the opportunity with work with some wonderful guides but these two are without a doubt two of the very best. They are very good friends and work as a team. Not only are they both extremely knowledgeable but also warm and friendly and a joy to be around.
During the cruise on the Nile, if you wish, you can attend some lectures on Ancient Egypt given by our Egyptologists. We will also have a presentation on EGYPT today and a Question and Answer session after each lecture.
Below are a few details of their backgrounds.
- Bachelor of Arts: Cairo University, Faculty of Archaeology, 1986
- Major: Egyptology
- From 1986 to 1987 completed military service.
- 1987 to 1990: worked as a tour leader for South Sinai Travel leading Groups all over Egypt.
- 1990 till now: working as an Egyptologist / English speaking guide, mostly with American, Canadian, British and Australian Groups, giving tours around all of Egypt and lecturing to special interest groups mainly in Egyptology.
CAREER RELATED SKILLS:
- 1997, gave several presentations and lectures in 10 American cities on how to promote tourism to Egypt.
- 2000, traveled to Australia for the same purpose.
- Currently, leading tours for specialized groups in Archeology mainly from British Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Smithsonian Museum, Washington, DC.
- B.A. May 1990 Ancient Egyptian Monuments (Egyptology), Assuit University, Faculty of Arts at Sohag, Egypt.
- B.A. September 1990 Coptic Theology, School of Religious Studies, El Balyana, Sohag, Egypt
- Post-Graduate Diploma July 1996 Tourism/Guidance, Helwan University, Faculty of Tourism & Hotels, Hewan, Egypt
- Mr. Ayoub has participated in many archeological digs around the Sphinx and was part of the team that uncovered the tombs of the pyramid builders.
- 1996 to present Free-lance Tour Guide all over Egypt
- May 2009 to present South Sinai Tours
- 2004-2008 Thomas Cook
- 2000 to present Sakkara Tours
- 1996-1998 Abercrombie and Kent
- 1992-1996 Supreme Council of Antiquities, Inspector of Egyptology. Supervisor of excavations, guided VIPs in the pyramids at Giza.
RECENT OVERSEAS LECTURES:
- August 22, 2010 Journey of Faith Church, Manhattan Beach, California USA Lecture Topic: Egypt through the Bible
- June 12-17, 2010 Georgian Court University, Lakewood, New Jersey, 08701 USA Lecture Topics: Old Kingdom, New Kingdom, Women in Ancient Egypt, Recent Discoveries in Egyptian Archeology, The Holy Family in Egypt, Coptic Art and Architecture
- July 2005 Various High Schools and Churches in and around Sydney, Australia. Ancient Egypt, Tutankhamen, Holy Family