Cheetah Plains | Executive Houses
Private Game Reserve, Northern Sabi Sands
This is a lodge with the WOW impact. Opening in early 2019, it is a high-tech extremely modern safari lodge.
It is powered by huge, moving solar panels, has electric safari vehicles, and features high-tech touches in the rooms.
The property consists of three "houses" that each have four villas within close proximity of the house. The entire lodge has a very comfortable and contemporary feel. Each house differs mainly only by its location on the reserve with each guest room being identical.
Very large guest rooms with floor to ceiling windows to bring the outdoors inside. Drapes operate electrically and will cover the windows
with the simple touch of a button. Plenty of outlets and USB ports can be found near the bed. The mosquito netting is also electrically operated
and easy to use or not as you please. There is substantial hanging and drawer space as well as a storage area for your bags.
The bathroom is expansive including a double vanity with magnifying mirrors, dual overhead couple's showerheads, a bathtub with a view, dressing area with seating and hooks, and a large centrally located trashcan that is hidden behind a brass cover. The toilet is in a separate area with a sink.
The main seating area has a sectional couch and there is a large lounge chair at the end of the bed. A smokeless fire can be built for those who want it. Another high-tech touch is an iphone sized device that can be used to call the butler for whatever you may need. There is a desk with working area enough for a laptop computer. Also, there are tea and coffee supplies, if needed.
Every detail has been considered for the comfort and convenience of the guests.
- The fireplace in the boma area and the main lounge has a curved feature above the fireplace so that the smoke goes straight up eliminating in smoke in the area around the fire.
- The dining table has chairs at the most comfortable angle for the majority of people.
- The electric vehicles have heated seats (also at the best angle for comfort) and USB charging ports. There is far more room than an average safari vehicle due to the flat bed of an electric vehicle.
- There is a private chef for each house so special dietary needs are easy to accommodate.
- The deck is large and has natural stone not wood and plenty of comfortable furniture.
- Wide concrete walking paths surrond the lodges.
- Central to all of the houses is a first class, state-of-the-art workout facility complete with brand new equipment.
- WiFi coverage was excellent.
Dining and Wines
The main house area is exclusive to the group of guests staying at the house. Whether it is 2, 4, 6, or 8 guests the price varies but always the same for guests who book together. No encountering people you do not know. The lodge is very appealing. It is large enough to accommodate far more than 8 guests and there is a nice sized living area, large community dining table, TV lounge, and a wine room with an extensive selection of wine. There is a beautiful heated pool surrounded by lounge chairs and seating areas. The fireplace in the boma area and main lounge has an arched screen so that the smoke goes straight up resulting in a smoke-free area around the fire. There is a private chef for each house so dietary restrictions are easily accommodated. We stayed one night and had a truly outstanding meal. The omelet in the morning was "the best ever".
This area of Sabi Sands is known for cats. Two lion prides are found in this part of Northern Sabi Sands. It has great topography for cheetah. We encountered larger groups of giraffes and wildebeest than we have seen at other Sabi Sands properties. Many lodges do traverse this game reserve so there are plenty of eyes on the lookout for sightings.
Website: Cheetah Plains