KLT's Preferred Egyptologist Guide
We are very fortunate to have two truly outstanding Egyptologists, Henry Ayoub and Hany Iskander with us for the full tour starting in Cairo and travelling with us on the Nile Cruise, accompanying us to Abu Simbel and then back to Cairo.
These were the two guides we had in 2010 and 2012.
Over the years I have the opportunity with work with some wonderful guides but these two are without a doubt two of the very best. They are very good friends and worked as a team until Hany moved to Canada. Now Henry works independently. Henry is not only extremely knowledgeable but also warm and friendly and a joy to be around.
Here are a few details of Henry's background.
- B.A. May 1990 Ancient Egyptian Monuments (Egyptology), Assuit University, Faculty of Arts at Sohag, Egypt.
- B.A. September 1990 Coptic Theology, School of Religious Studies, El Balyana, Sohag, Egypt
- Post-Graduate Diploma July 1996 Tourism/Guidance, Helwan University, Faculty of Tourism & Hotels, Hewan, Egypt
- Mr. Ayoub has participated in many archeological digs around the Sphinx and was part of the team that uncovered the tombs of the pyramid builders.
- 1996 to present Free-lance Tour Guide all over Egypt
- May 2009 to present South Sinai Tours
- 2004-2008 Thomas Cook
- 2000 to present Sakkara Tours
- 1996-1998 Abercrombie and Kent
- 1992-1996 Supreme Council of Antiquities, Inspector of Egyptology. Supervisor of excavations, guided VIPs in the pyramids at Giza.
A FEW OVERSEAS LECTURES:
- August 22, 2010 Journey of Faith Church, Manhattan Beach, California USA Lecture Topic: Egypt through the Bible
- June 12-17, 2010 Georgian Court University, Lakewood, New Jersey, 08701 USA Lecture Topics: Old Kingdom, New Kingdom, Women in Ancient Egypt, Recent Discoveries in Egyptian Archeology, The Holy Family in Egypt, Coptic Art and Architecture
- July 2005 Various High Schools and Churches in and around Sydney, Australia. Ancient Egypt, Tutankhamen, Holy Family